This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
If an error occurs when an IPC event starts, the parent process will go into an error state. Examining the error in the ErrorLog shows that the error occurred with IPCSend. When the process instance is opened with the process management tool in K2 for Visual Studio the process management tool does not call the RepairIPCError method for repairing the error but will instead open the process KPRX.
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. The steps below are simplified and not all the steps will be shown or described.|
- Create a new process with an IPC event
- When supplying a process name for the IPC event enter process name that does not exist (this will cause the error)
- Deploy the process and start a new instance
- Open the process management in K2 for Visual Studio and try to repair the instance.
The following error messages relate to this issue:
- There is no error message. The process management tool incorrectly opens the process file instead of running the IPC repair.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx