This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
The K2 4.6 (4.12060.1.0) is a minor release for K2 blackpearl and K2 blackpoint installations which includes the latest product hotfixes, as detailed below.
The following changes are contained within this release:
KB001272 – Hotfix: Dynamic Destination Rules fail when Destination Types do not match.
KB001275– Hotfix: People/Group properties are not returned on a Claims Based Authentication Site Collection that does not have K2 Features activated
KB001276– Hotfix: Delays caused by first load times of K2 SharePoint WebParts
KB001449 –K2 4.6 High Priority Fixes
- The following versions of K2 can be upgraded to K2 4.6:
- K2 blackpearl 0807 (4.8210.x.690) with KB00690
- K2 blackpearl 4.5 (4.10060.1.x)
- K2 blackpoint 4.5 (4.10060.1.x)
- K2 blackpoint 0902 (4.9040.x.610) with KB000610
||Note: Clients on a version prior to those listed above need to first upgrade to K2 4.5 and then upgrade to K2 4.6.
Important Considerations and Behavioral changes
- Changes have been made to the K2 Documentation, namely:
- The K2 documentation has been removed from the main K2 4.6 installer. This will mean that the K2 4.6 installer will not install the K2 documentation..
- The I buttons in K2 Studio and K2 designer for Visual Studio will open the online help located at http://help.K2.com.
- The documentation has been split into three guides, namely, K2 Getting Started Guide, User Guide and the Developer Reference.
- A new K2 Documentation Installer has been created that can be run on an environment with K2 4.6 and will install the User Guide and Developer Reference CHMs.
Read KB001280 to understand all the changes made to the documentation in K2 4.6.
- On a clean install of K2 4.6 the shortcut icons will not be installed on the desktop, however on upgrades the icons will remain on the Desktop.
- The K2HostServer.config name has been changed to K2HostServer.exe.config. The following will occur at installation:
The original K2HostServer.config file is backed up to [INSTALLDIR]\Setup\Configuration\Backup\[DATE] folder
During upgrade the K2HostServer.exe.config is added and the existing settings are preserved.
Only the K2HostServer.exe.config will be available in the [INSTALLDIR]\K2 blackpearl/ blackpoint\Host Server\Bin
- See KB000686 for information relating to Using .NET 4.0 in a K2 4.6 Configuration.
- Repairing the Database Rebuild Indexing task in the Analysis tool will stop the K2 blackpearl/blackpoint service. If you choose to close the wizard while the task executes in the background the service will need to be manually started after the Agent Jobs complete. If you keep the Analysis tool open the task will start the service again automatically as soon as the jobs complete.
- In K2 4.6 the database name has changed from K2HostServer to K2.
K2 4.6 Clean installation
The default database name will be K2.
K2 4.6 Upgrade
The installer will identify the previous K2 database name and will populate the installer screen with the previous name.
For the Known Issues for K2 4.6 (4.12060.1.0) download the PDF from the link available on the right hand menu bar.
K2 4.6 (4.12060.1.0) is available as an independent installation package. The installer handles 32-bit and 64-bit installations.Refer to the K2 4.6 documentation available in the installation package for detailed installation instructions.
The K2 4.6 Setup Manager is available as an independent installation package that can be found at the following locations:
For K2 blackpearl 4.6 https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx
For K2 blackpoint 4.6 https://portal.k2.com/downloads/k2blackpoint/default.aspx.
With this release K2 has deprecated components and certain supported technologies. View the Knowledge based article K2 4.6 Deprecated Components and Supporting Technology Changes for the full list of changes.
The compatibility matrix will offer guidance on what technologies K2 4.6 will use or review the list of prerequisites available in the product documentation.
K2 blackpearl compatibility Matrix
K2 blackpoint compatibility Matrix
The K2 4.6 (4.12060.1.0) installation package must be installed by running the K2 Setup Manager (K2Setup.exe) found within the Installation package.
||Note: This package must be installed on all machines that have K2 components installed.
To install this package, follow the steps below:
- Welcome Screen
The Welcome Screen introduces the K2 Setup Manager. An installation log will be created by default. Click Next to continue.
- Version Check
The Checking for Latest Version Screen presents the K2 4.6 version to be installed and connects to the K2 Portal to determine what the most recent version available is. Click Next to continue
The EULA details the licensing agreement of using the K2 software. Read through the agreement and select the “I agree” checkbox. Click Next to continue
- Installation Type
Select the type of installation required. Simple Installation is for a Standalone environment while the Custom Installation is for a Distributed environment. Click Next to continue
- Component Selection
The Components to install will be listed. Click Next to continue.
- License Configuration
On the license Configuration screen, insert the License Key. Be sure to type the information exactly. Click Next to continue
- K2 Workspace Web Site Configuration (not applicable to blackpoint)
Enter the K2 Workspace Web Site and Application Pool Account or create a new one by typing the name of a web site into the textbox. Click Next to continue
- Outgoing E-mail Configuration
Ensure the correct e-mail server and the e-mail address to be used is listed for sending e-mail notifications. Click Next to continue
- CRM Configuration
For CRM integration enable the screen and add the CRM Server URL and Organization detains. Click Next to continue.
- SmartActions Configuration
Configure the messaging requirements which enable the K2 Server to distribute and process e-mails sent to and received from users. An Exchange server is required as well as a dedicated e-mail address. Click Next to continue.
- Exchange Server Configuration
If you want Microsoft Exchange configured at this time enable the checkbox. the Exchange Server Configuration screen will be pre-populated if Exchange is available. Click Next to continue
- Configuration Summary
This screen provides a list of information about the installation that you have configured so far. Review the information and click Install.
- Additional Actions
A list of Actions that need to be performed before the install can proceed will be listed in this screen. Click Next for the Setup manager to automatically perform these actions.
This screen displays the progress of the installation as each component is installed. Installing may take a few minutes, depending on your environment.
- Configuration Status
Once all the components have been installed the Setup Manager will apply your settings to all the components.
- Configuration Analysis
The Configuration Analysis Tool is an automated configuration tool that will be available if errors are detected. Click Repair All and the Setup Manager will automatically repair the errors. Click Next to continue
Once the update has completed installing, the wizard will show you the finished screen. A link to the log file that is created is available on this screen. Click Finish to close the installer.
- SharePoint Configuration Wizard
After the K2 Setup Manager finishes, the SharePoint Configuration Manager will run and must be allowed to complete to fully install and configure the new update.
- Post Installation step (optional)
Multiple Bindings Microsoft Framework .NET 3.5 does not support multiple bindings in IIS without configuring a single address and setting up a prefix filter as per the following MSDN KB (Refer to section ‘Multiple IIS Binding Support in .NET Framework 3.5’): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa751841.aspx
Some of the following errors may occur when bindings are incorrectly configured.
• Could not find a base address that matches scheme http for the endpoint with binding WebHttpBinding. Registered base address schemes are .
• No protocol binding matches the given address 'http://api.denallix.com:85/K2Services/REST.svc/Worklist/Items'. Protocol bindings are configured at the Site level in IIS or WAS configuration.
• The resource cannot be found.
• This collection already contains an address with scheme http. There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection. Parameter name: item
The K2 installation will not configure entries. To configure K2 Services to support a web site with multiple bindings add a prefix entry for the binding you wish to support in the section of the K2 Services web.config found at [Installation Directory]\WebServices\K2Services\web.config.
Example of supporting the http://api.denallix.com:81 binding on an IIS site with multiple bindings.
<add prefix="http://api.denallix.com:81" />
<add prefix="https://api.denallix.com:443" />
- Post Installation step
To view the new icons in K2 Designer for SharePoint clear your browser's cache.
- Post Installation step (Recommended)
It is recommended that the Design Template is updated for each K2 process that will be modified after the upgrade.