This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
The following issues are currently known for the K2 smartforms 1.0.4 (4.12165.1595.0) and include workarounds where possible.
- When the PDF System SmartObject is configured as the data source of the PDF control, the SmartObject properties do not display in the Context Browser of the rule wizard.
Re-select the same data source from the PDF control properties pane.
- Unable to clear the Picker control in runtime using the backspace key when running the Form in Internet Explorer 8.
- When resolving a value using the Picker control on a Form, the SmartObject properties that are not flagged as the value member are not populated.
- Adjusting the width of a control using the cursor does not persist to runtime.
- Unable to filter a Picker control by means of another List control on a View.
- When a control is added to the 'aggregation footer' of a List View and configured to be hidden, the control is not hidden at runtime.
- Not all controls handle keyboard interaction correctly.
- Unable to disable the auto-conversion of a date/time field to local time zone when using a Calendar control on a View.
- When executing a Form where a View on the Form contains a ‘File attachment with progress’ control, the control does not allow the file download at runtime regardless of the editable state.
- When executing a Form with a View that contains a File Attachment control, the file cannot be downloaded at runtime.
- An exception occurs at runtime stating: "Key could not be found in the collection" when filtering on a composite bound CheckboxList control on an Item View.
- An "Invalid column name <column name" error occurs when a filter is applied on all fields or visible fields in a List View based on a Workflow Reporting Service SmartObject.
- When designing a List View and a column is moved, the inherent properties for that column are not applied at runtime.
- The 'Navigate to another form' action does not execute at runtime when the destination Form is the same as the current Form.
- The ‘Populate a List control with data’ is added to the ‘View Initialize’ rule, after explicitly removing it, when the controls' properties are changed.
- Stored Procedure based methods don't show in item View Methods.
- When executing a SmartObject method with input properties from a Form and filtering was configured, the configured filter is ignored and all data returns.
- When removing a parameter referenced in a rule, upon editing the rule the specific parameter is displayed as "Unresolved".
- No ability to set tab order of controls on Views.
- When running SharePoint 2013 in 2010 compatibility mode, the SmartForms Web Part settings are not retained.
- An "Object Reference not set to an instance" error occurs when adding a User Task to a Form after the Form that is being used is deleted from the category tree.
- An "Invalid Rule" error occurs when deploying a Workflow containing a rule on an unbound control.
- Transferring a blank value to a Date data field in a Workflow results in an error indicating "String was not recognized as a valid Date Time".
- After a Form expired a user can still open the Form and action the item due to the worklist item still being available on the user’s worklist.
- The rule wizard becomes unavailable when adding additional states on a Form that already contains a number of states and rules.
- When a Drop-Down List control is changed from a SmartObject data source to a Static Value data source, the Initialize rule is not updated and the user is presented with a "value cannot be null" error.
Remove the “Populate a list control” action from the Initialize rule.
- When View level input controls contain the word "required" in a sentence in the text property, the controls are marked as required on Form level rules.
Change the casing to “Required” or remove the word.
- The SmartObject parameter mapped to a View parameter does not save successfully when both the View and the SmartObject parameter uses the same name.
- Rules disappear when Forms or Views are checked in.
- When designing rules, one cannot use quotation marks in a confirmation message title. All text after the first quotation mark gets discarded.
- An error occurs indicating that an invalid Rule exists when attempting to save an edited Form. This occurs when another user is editing a View on the Form and removed an action from the View.
- When the Finish button on the rule wizard configuration is clicked, the inheritance of enabling and disabling rules is lost from View to Form level.
- Controls in the Context Menu does not filter according to the chosen View when adding an event with the "if a control on a View contains a value" condition. This only occurs when there are multiple instances of the same View on a Form.
- When changing a rule action from a Load Method to a Get List Method, the configurations are carried over instead of being cleared.
- When editing a SmartObject and changing the output mapping, the rule mapping is removed instead of being updated.
- When changing a subview parameter name, the mapping is lost in the open subview rule configuration.
- Unable to edit an inherited rule on a Form after deleting a control with a rule configured from a subview.
- An error occurs stating: "Invalid XML (cannot represent object as string)" when editing the "Open a worklist item" rule action.
- An error occurs stating: "Cannot call method 'targetContextCanvas' of undefined" when editing a "Navigate to another Form and execute a View method" rule action.
- When opening the same subview multiple times as part of the same action using If conditions, the subview references are duplicated.
- An error occurs stating: "Object #<error> has no method 'toLowerCase'" when editing a "Show a Message" action containing an Editable List View's edit control.
- Unable to change the selected View to a different View when designing a rule for a button control on a Form to hide a specific View when the button is clicked.
- A "24411 K2:DOMAIN\USER from <ip address> is not allowed to open the worklist item with SN=<serial number>" error occurs when a user opens a worklist item where one state was used for numerous SmartForms Client Events in a K2 Designer for Visual Studio process.
- When hiding a column during runtime, the area of the remaining columns is not distributed correctly.
- If any control is set to borderless, no validation is performed at the time the rule executes.
- When executing a List method on a List View which contains a Foreign Key of which it's List method contains a Method parameter, execution fails as the parameter cannot be specified.
- An error occurs stating: "A directory service error has occurred." when performing a quick search on visible fields from a List View.
- Slow performance occurs when rendering large quantities of data from a SmartObject in a View.
- When replacing a View on a Form with a new View and deleting the old View, a 'Missing Controls' error occurs when attempting to open the Form at runtime.
- When deleting a control that is used in an expression, an "Unknown control missing" error occurs when executing the Form.
- A double click rule does not execute at runtime when a View contains another rule configured as single click.
- When Forms Authentication is selected, workflows are not showing in the Category tree.
- An error occurs stating: "Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'Form.Event_Design" when attempting to check out a Form.
- K2 smartforms needs the ability to clean up or archive the K2 Smartforms database.
- An error occurs stating: "System.Exception: No default Forms server environment field configured" when attempting to deploy a Workflow from the K2 Designer after changing the default environment from Development to Production.
There are some instances where special characters are not supported in the SmartForms Designers, for example:
- View Parameters
- Rules Designers where parameters have special characters
- An apostrophe (‘) in the watermark property of controls
- An apostrophe (‘) in the description of a SmartObject property
Certain behavior relating to dependencies between SmartObjects, Views, Forms, subviews and subforms will cause Forms and Views not to function as expected. There are a few instances where the SmartForms interdependencies and SmartObject dependencies are not satisfactorily dealt with, for example:
- When the Form and View are edited simultaneously and an action is removed from the View, the Form will have invalid rules and will not be able to be saved.
- Removing controls that have rules defined from a subview will break the rules on the Parent Form.
- Changing or editing a SmartObject will break dependencies on Views consuming the associated SmartObject.
- Broken Service Instances are not handled as expected in the K2 Designer.