This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
The following issues are currently known for the K2 for SharePoint and include workarounds where possible.
Rights and Permissions
- Unable to use people and groups together in a People/Group field as a destination. Only People/Group fields can be assigned as Group destination types.
- The Everyone SharePoint Site Group is unsupported and if used will result in the incorrect start rights being applied.
- When a new SharePoint group is created in a SharePoint Online site and permissions to view the group members is set to Group Members Only, resolving a SharePoint group does not return the users contained in that group. This issue could result in an error message similar to, 'An Activity with a client event should at least have one destination' or an entry will be logged in the Host Server log with a 401 access denied.
- Set the Group membership rights to everyone
- Run the K2 for SharePoint App in full control instead of managed rights
Upgrading from RC
- When upgrading from K2 for SharePoint RC to RTM an environment that has a single HTTPS site with a host header that was used for both the K2 Designer and K2 Runtime sites, a duplicate environment field will be created. In some cases, there will be no default set for any of the fields of type Runtime. This will result in an error when the K2 App is clicked. The error message displayed is “The file '/Designer/Runtime/_trust/spauthorize.aspx' does not exist.
- Open K2 Workspace and browse to the Environment Library
- Locate the fields that are named SmartForms Designer Runtime 1. (Notice that there are duplicate fields with this name and no Default property set)
- Delete the field with value: [K2SITEURL]/Designer/Runtime
- Set the remaining field with value: [K2SITEURL]/Runtime/Runtime and set the Default column to True
- Browse back to the K2 for SharePoint App, and rerun the registration wizard.
- When clicking on the K2 App after upgrading from K2 for SharePoint RC to RTM the following error could occur “WIF10201: No valid key mapping found for securityToken: 'System.IdentityModel.Tokens.X509SecurityToken' and issuer: 'WindowsSTS'. Workaround:
- Clear your browser cache and restart the browser.
- When clearing your browser cache in Internet Explorer, make sure that the top checkbox is not selected and wait for Internet Explorer to give you confirmation that the cache has been cleared.
K2 Studio or K2 for Visual Studio
- A SharePoint environment field referencing a SharePoint 2013 URL produces an error when used from the context browser in the K2 thick client designer.
- When refreshing the Service Instance in K2 for SharePoint, errors such as "SmartObject Server Exception: Inconsistency detected between SmartObject 'Department1 Attachments' and Service Object 'Lists_Department1_Attachments' during loading of SmartObject Definition. Service Object : 'Lists_Department1_Attachments' not found in Service Instance 'portal.denallix.com' Definition." may occur in the thick and thin client designers. These errors are caused when SmartObjects are still active on a deleted List or Library.
Open the SmartObject Tester Tool and find the ServiceInstance > Generate SmartObjects and remove the SmartObjects in the Remove Column.
- Generating a SmartObject from a SharePoint Service Object that contains backslashes in the name will create an incorrect category structure.
- Currently, there are two unsupported options on advanced SmartObject filtering and lookups on multi values. These are:
Deleting SharePoint Lists or Libraries without deleting the associated SmartObject will result in the List or Library still appearing in certain of the K2 wizards such as Move List Item. The wizard will allow you to successfully complete the configuration but when the step in the workflow is fired an error will occur stating that the List does not exist.
- Advanced filtering on User Multi and Lookup Multi fields
- Advanced filtering on User and lookup fields using the ID property
- The Forms allow complex properties values to be set such as “SharePoint Hyperlink”, however there is no access to these individual properties in the K2 Designer.
- When deleting Forms and not deleting the associated Views from the K2 Application page will result in an Object Reference error when clicking on the OK button to generate the Forms again.
- When using SmartForms forms on a Calendar and adding a new Event start time on a date other than today results in SmartForms defaulting back to Today's Date and not to the Date that was original selected.
- When upgrading from K2 for SharePoint RC to RTM if the K2 form has a Calendar on it, the Recurrence and All day Event will not function even if the form is regenerated. Only when a New Calendar is created will it function correctly. This includes any items already created on the Calendar in RC will not be updated by Regeneration.
- Delete all the SmartObjects and SmartForms
- Generate new SmartObjects and SmartForms
- Old items will not be updated after new SmartObjects and SmartForms are created, the items need to be manually updated
- Navigating away from a page in K2 for SharePoint such as the Workflow Designer can result in changes being lost.
Frequently save changes.
- When a K2 workflow designed in K2 for SharePoint RC is exported by saving it as a ‘Studio Designer File’ ; and the workflow is then opened in K2 Studio in an RTM environment an error will occur. The error message states “The form does not exist on the server, or is checked out to another user.”
In K2 Studio manually remap the Forms.
Deploy the workflow.
- SharePoint Publishing Sites and controls are not supported.
- Unable to use the SmartForms URL using host name instead of host header when configuring K2 for SharePoint as an error occurs when clicking on the K2 application in an online site.
- When configuring the K2 for SharePoint App in an on-premises installation and the K2 smartforms URL is added to the Configure K2 smartforms URL page the validating URL window will remain on the page with the spinner turning and no progress will be made.
a) Add the following to the Trusted sites zone:
b) Add the K2 smartforms URL to the Configure K2 smartforms URL page and select Next.
- In certain environments, when opening the K2 Application page in Internet Explorer, the page remains blank. This is because the site of the identity provider (STS) and the SmartForms site are not in the trusted sites list and an infinite loop occurs.
In Internet Explorer under Internet options >Security> Trusted sites add the SmartForms site as well as the STS site.
How to get the Term Store GUID:
- If SharePoint folders are not enabled for the List and the user specifies a folder when creating an item using the Create List Item and Upload Document wizard, the item will be created in the root of the List instead of in the folder.
- Creating a list or library that has a suffix of “\” (for example, Test\) in the name will cause multiple issues such as the K2 Application page heading to be empty. The “\” is a reserved character in K2. You will need to rename the list/library.
- If the Choice fields in SharePoint are configured for multiple values or Multi Choice fields and make use of semi-colons as the separators, the multi choice control on the SmartForm will not populate the required value.
When creating Choice fields in SharePoint avoid using a semi-colon.
- External lists and external content types are not supported.
- Input into the text controls and the term name aren’t available yet in K2 for SharePoint but their Ids are.
- When using Internet Explorer as the browser an error stating "This content cannot be displayed in a frame" when working in a SharePoint online site.
Add the following URLs to the trusted sites list in Internet Explorer:
- Close and reopen the browser for the settings to take effect.
- When configuring the K2 Application a reference to the default Managed Metadata (taxonomy) Service is created. If a different Term Store is to be used then follow the steps below.
Perform the following steps to create the reference to the Managed Metadata Service:
- After configuring the K2 Application open the SmartObject Tester Tool.
- Expand the Service Object Explorer -> SharePoint.<.li>
- Select the service instance created by the K2 Application.
- Right-click this instance and select Edit Service Instance.
- Insert the Term Store GUID into the appropriate column.
- Select Next and Update.
- Refresh the SmartObject and recreate the Forms on the K2 Application page.
- Once the reference to the Term Store has been created it will work for all future SmartObjects.
- Click on the spanner icon on the top right of the main SharePoint site
- Select Site Settings.
- Under the Site Administration Category select Term Store Management.
- In the right hand panel browse to the bottom of the page where the Term Store’s Unique Identifier (GUID) will be displayed.
- Uploading a document to a SharePoint Library within the popup and then changing the Content Type will redirect to a SharePoint Form rather than a K2 Form. On the SharePoint Form the cancel button will not function and the Save button will redirect to a blank page.
Select to use the K2 Forms for Content Types in Manage Form Settings.
- When a List Template is created from a List that is integrated with the K2 App, any new List created from the Template will use the original List's new/edit/display forms. Furthermore, saving the forms will save the item to the original List instead of to the new List.
Package and Deployment
- Packages created in a K2 for SharePoint RC environment will not deploy on a SharePoint 2013 RTM environment. This occurs if you renamed the List or Library and then integrated it with the K2 App and created a Package in the source environment (RC).
- When deploying a K2 for SharePoint RC package on an RTM environment the error “SmartObject with name GetGroups not found” will display after deployment when a user attempts to add an item to the SharePoint List and tries to resolve a user in the “Assigned to” field.
Manually update the SiteUrl in the Rule to point to the relevant path.
- When a SharePoint List is packaged in K2 for SharePoint RC and deployed in RTM and the List URL contains a Port number, the Workflow Settings are not packaged correctly resulting in a missing reference at deployment.
Reset the start type in the K2 database Integration.ProcessSharePointWorkflow table to Manual (change the value 0 to 3), then edit the workflow in the workflow designer, reconfigure the start event and redeploy.
- Deploying a package created from K2 for SharePoint across sites on the same server is currently unsupported.
For example, if there are two SharePoint sites on the same server; http://test.local:100 and http://test1.local:101 and a package is created for test it cannot be deployed to test1 because all the artifacts are seen as already existing and deployed which prevents you from deploying the items as new.
- When a package created in K2 for SharePoint RC is deploy in an RTM environment and then repackaged the Report View will be missing from the package.
Before repackaging the artifacts regenerate the Views and Forms to ensure all the necessary references have been added. Alternatively, update the ListId and SiteUrl manually in the rule of the Report Views and Forms post-deployment.
- When the artifacts of a SharePoint list or library are packaged and deployed to a site that contains a list or library with the same name, the deployment wizard will match the deployment artifacts to the existing items and will not allow the user to select a different deployment list or library to deploy to. For example: A K2 Application is built in ‘WebApp_A | SiteCollection_A | SubSite_A |List_01’ and you want to deploy the artifacts to WebApp_A | SiteCollection_A | SubSite_B |List_01’, but subsite _A already contains a list called List_01. The deployment wizard will match up the service Object, SmartObject, Forms and Views to List_01 and you will not be able to select or deploy to List_01 in SubSite_B. Note: this will only be an issue if you are deploying from and to the same SharePoint Server for example, from “portal.denallix.com” and your “target” server is also “portal.denallix.com”.
- K2 for SharePoint artifacts packaged using K2 Package and Deployment cannot be deployed using the PowerShell deployment.
Use the Deploy Package option in the K2 Package and Deployment MMC console.
- There is a known Package and Deployment Item Reference issue where the error generated was usually similar to "Item Ref A - Pandd-sp2013.CustomList could not be found" and the workaround was to restart the K2 server.
Workflows created in K2 for SharePoint (Forms and Event based) contain item references. When you package these workflows and deploy to another environment, these item references would duplicate.
A workflow created using Item Ref A - Pandd-sp2013.CustomList would not update correctly with the target environment value Item Ref A - dc-east.CustomList
So once deployed, the workflow now has 2 of the same item references with different values:
Item Ref A - Pandd-sp2013.CustomList
Item Ref A - dc-east.CustomList
This causes issues with the workflow. If you edit your workflow after deployment, the error is usually "Item Ref A - Pandd-sp2013.CustomList could not be found" and the workaround at the time was to restart the K2 server.
A coldfix has been now been created to correct this. The cold fix updates the item references correctly so that there are no duplicates. Please contact support for this fix.