The error “An error occurred while parsing EntitiyName” will occur during the execution of an InfoPath process when the process name contains the ‘&’ character and the client event is configured to update a SharePoint task list.
|The error "An error occurred while parsing EntityName" will occur during the execution of a K2.net® 2003 InfoPath process when the process name contains the "&" ampersand character and the client event is configured to update a Microsoft SharePoint task list.|
|Steps to replicate this Issue:|
- Create a "New" InfoPath "Form" and "Publish" it to a SharePoint Form Library
- Create a "New" InfoPath "Process" in K2.net 2003 Studio and use a name that contains the "&" ampersand character such as "InfoPath & SharePoint"
- On the InfoPath Client Event "Settings" page of the InfoPath Process Wizard click the "Task List" tab
- Click the checkbox to "Add to SharePoint Task List" and complete the rest of the fields as usual
- Assign a "Destination User" to the client event and "Export" the process
- In Service Manager assign "Start Permissions" to the new process
- In K2.net Studio open the Process "Properties" and from the InfoPath Document Actions drop down select "Start Process"
- Fill out the InfoPath Form and click "Submit"
- The EntityName error will show up in the Server Console or log, as well as the Service Manager
|To resolve the EntityName parsing error remove the "&" character(s) from the process name by following the steps below:|
- In K2.net 2003 Studio right-click on the process name and select "Properties"
- Under "Process General" remove the "&" character(s) from the process name
- Click "Apply" to save the changes
- From this same window select "Refresh Document" from the InfoPath Document Settings drop-down list
- Click "OK" on the message that tells you that the InfoPath document was updated successfully
- "Save" and "Export" the process.
- Since the process name has changed you will need to open Service Manager and assign Start Permissions to the new process
- In K2.net 2003 Studio open the "Process Properties" and from the InfoPath Document Actions drop-down select "Start Process" to test the solution