To determine whether the K2 Designer for Visio has been installed, do the following:
- Open Microsoft Office Visio 2007, and from the View menu, select Toolbars
If you do not see the K2 Designer for Visio Add-in, then check for the following situations:
- Verify that the dependencies were installed before the K2 Designer for Visio was installed
- Verify that the K2 Designer for Visio was installed correctly
- Verify the Visio Trust Center is configured correctly
These checks are detailed in the next sections.
Things to Check
Ensure that the following prerequisites were installed prior to attempting the K2 Designer for Visio.
The order of installation is important, and should be performed in the following order:
- Microsoft Office Visio 2007
- Primary Interop Assemblies for Office 2007
- K2 Designer for Visio
Visio Trust Center
When the above steps do not enable the K2 Designer for Visio to appear in Microsoft Office Visio, the following steps can be done to ensure that the components are available.
- Open the Visio Trust Center (Under Tools > Trust Center)
- On the Add-Ins tab, next to Manage COM Add-ins, click Go
- When the COM Add-Ins dialog opens, make sure that the K2 Designer for Visio Add-in is checked.
- Click OK
Further Troubleshooting Steps
If the above steps do not work, ensure that the prerequisites have been installed first and then attempt the following:
- Uninstall the K2 Designer for Visio using the K2 Installation Manager
- Reinstall the K2 Designer for Visio using the K2 Installation Manager
|Note: The K2 Configuration Manager may need to be rerun once the K2 Designer for Visio has been reinstalled. Further details on uninstalling and reinstalling components can be found in the K2 blackpearl installation guide.|