This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
This KB article deals with issues experienced in Microsoft Office Visio 2007 when upgrading K2 blackpearl RTM or SP1 to K2 blackpearl 0803 (4.8075.1.0). These issues prevent a user from activating and utilizing the K2 Designer for Visio functionality. This article will describe the issues involved, and how to resolve the issue by running the update package.
There are two issues that have been identified:
- The K2 for Visio component and Microsoft Office Visio 2007 add-ins are hidden on an upgrade from K2 blackpearl RTM or SP1 to K2 blackpearl 0803 (4.8075.1.0).
- With an uninstall of K2 blackpearl RTM or K2 blackpearl SP1 and install of K2 blackpearl 0803 (4.8075.1.0), the K2 for Visio component and Microsoft Office Visio 2007 add-ins are not displayed correctly.
The cause of these issues is a missing registry entry that is deleted when upgrading or not added when installing K2 blackpearl 0803 (4.8075.1.0).
The administrator performs the following steps:
- Attempts to upgrade a machine from K2 blackpearl RTM or K2 blackpearl SP1 to K2 blackpearl 0803 (4.8075.1.0)
- Uninstalls K2 blackpearl RTM or K2 blackpearl SP1 and then installs K2 blackpearl 0803 (4.8075.1.0)
The local machine has the following items installed:
- K2 blackpearl RTM or SP1
- Microsoft Office Visio 2007 Standard or Professional
No error messages are displayed. However, the following items are missing:
- The K2 Designer for Visio Toolbar does not appear
- In Microsoft Office Visio 2007, open to Tools > Trust Center > Add-ins > Go > Manage COM add-ins, and the K2 Designer for Visio Add-in does not appear, as shown below:
The errors can be resolved by installing the K2 blackpearl 0803 Patch (4.8075.1.1) KB000254 found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx
. This patch must be run under local administrative rights. This zip package must be installed by double clicking the install.bat file found within the zip package.
|Note: This zip package should be installed on all machines that have the K2 for Visio component installed. K2 [blackpearl] 0803 (4.8075.1.0) should be installed first before installing this patch.|
The following registry entry will be added to the machines registry:
"Description"="K2 Designer for Visio Add-in"
"FriendlyName"="K2 Designer for Visio Add-in"
Components to update
The K2 blackpearl 0803 Patch (4.8075.1.1) KB000254 will update the following components: