This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
The error occurs after a K2 blackpearl SP1 build has been upgraded to K2 blackpearl 0803. The error affects the K2 2003 worklist web part as it no longer functions.
The following error message relates to this KB Article:
- Web Part Error: A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type could not be found or it is not registered as safe.
To summarize, upgrading the K2 blackpearl installation introduced an error that resulted in the K2.net 2003 web part from being unable to function.
To verify that the symptoms are relevant to your installation navigate to SharePoint Central Admin > Operations, and click on Solution Management.
Two deployed K2 web parts should be listed:
- K2 task list.cab (the K2.net 2003 web part)
- k2worklistwebpart.wsp (the K2 blackpearl web part)
If the above is the case, see the resolution below to repair the problem.
- In SharePoint navigate to Central Administration > Operations > Solution Management
[Figure 1. Operations]
- From the list in Solution Management, locate the two K2 web parts as highlighted in red in the image below
[Figure 2. Solution Management]
- The steps below must be repeated for both "K2 task list.cab" and "K2worklistwebpart.wsp"
- Retract the K2 web part
- Redeploy the web part
|Note: Select the option to publish the assemblies to the GAC.|
|Note: The order in which the web parts are retracted or redeployed does not matter.|