This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
In K2 blackpearl 0803 developers are able to debug server events with custom code in the same project as the process. However, in K2 blackpearl 0807 enhancements and optimizations to the memory usage now require that the custom code be referenced as an external assembly to allow debugging to be done.
A K2 blackpearl 0807 process has a K2 Server Code event, with custom code additions. The process deployment goes into error and the developer attempts to debug using K2 designer for Visual Studio. The following dialog will display indicating that an error has occurred, disalllowing debugging.
The error message is as follows:
- The following breakpoint cannot be set: (EventItem in Extender Project). The Common Language Runtime was unable to set the breakpoint.
|Note: A degree of technical know how and familiarity with the Microsoft Visual Studio Project System would be an advantage.|
To resolve the issue, do the following:
- Start a new C# Project > Add a code file
- Copy the custom code from the K2 Server event and paste it into the new project
- Give the file a name and compile the code as an assembly (*.dll)
- Open your K2 blackpearl project, and add the assembly as a reference
- Debug your code