This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
After updating and deploying a process in K2 Designer for Visual Studio with a web reference, the following error occurs at runtime because the DLL (*.dll) referenced for the web service cannot be found or is missing:
Could not load file or assembly ’[assembly name], Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
The Hotfix contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update resolves the error that may occur at runtime, if the process references an assembly stored in a directory path relative to the directory path of it's project.
Error Scenario Steps
- Create a new ASP.NET Web Service
- Add a simple method to the web service, for example:
public int add(int a,int b)
- Deploy the web service from Visual Studio
- Create a new process and add the web service as a web reference
- Use the method in a server event and deploy
- Run the process and it will finish successfully
- Close K2 Designer for Visual Studio and reopen it
- Re-deploy and run the process
- The error will be displayed
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx