This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
The K2 Server is unable to correctly resolve users from groups when the users are members of multiple groups that have names containing the '@' character.
Therefore, for a process that can be started by users from a group that has a name containing the '@' character, on a system that those users are members of other groups that contain the '@' character, the K2 Server is unable to resolve users and returns a "[User] does not have rights to Start [Process]" error.
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. The steps below are simplified and not all the steps will be shown or described.|
- Create multiple groups containing an @ character (e.g. @GroupName1 @GroupName2)
- Add a specific user to both groups (e.g. User1 belongs to @GroupName1 and @GroupName2)
- Ensure User1 also belongs to "Domain Users" group
- Give "Domain Users" group "Start" rights on a process
- Attempt to start process as User1
- An error should be received saying that User1 does not have rights to start process
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx