If K2 blackpearl has Out of Office users set and KB000330 is then installed, the Out of Office rule will be ignored and the Out of Office users' workitems returned to their K2 worklist.
There are two options that may be used to resolve this issue:
- Backup the following tables from the K2 Server database, install the KB000330 Update, then restore the tables back to the database:
If you are unfamiliar with creating a backup of SQL tables, use the following examples as a template.
- Use the following code sample as a template script for backing up the data tables. Create scripts for each table by changing the references to _ActionerShare to the required table name.
-- Backup table '_ActionerShare' if it contains any records
IF ((SELECT COUNT(*) FROM [K2Server].._ActionerShare) > 0)
SELECT * INTO [K2Server].._ActionerShare_Bak FROM [K2Server]..
PRINT 'Table ''_ActionerShare'' backed up to table ''_ActionerShare_Bak'''
- Use the following code sample as a template script for restoring the data tables. Create scripts for each table by changing the references to _ActionerShare to the required table name.
-- Restore table '_ActionerShare' if it contained any records
IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM [K2Server].dbo.sysobjects WHERE [name] = '_ActionerShare_Bak')
DROP TABLE [K2Server].._ActionerShare
SELECT * INTO [K2Server].._ActionerShare FROM [K2Server].._ActionerShare_Bak
DROP TABLE [K2Server].._ActionerShare_Bak
PRINT 'Table ''_ActionerShare_Bak'' restored to table ''_ActionerShare'''
OR, if you have already installed the KB000330 Update and do not have a backup of the database tables made prior to installing the KB000330 Update, do the following:
- Reset the Out of Office users using the Administrator or Manager configuration interface in K2 Workspace.
- If you are unsure about how to use the Adminstrator or Manager Out of Office configuration interface please refer to the K2 blackpearl Documentation (K2 Workspace -> K2 Home -> Configuration -> Out of Office -> Managing Out of Office)
This issue has been resolved in KB000343 - Hotfix: Out of Office rule was ignored