This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
Drag and drop functionality in K2 Designer for Visio does not function when a user attempts to drag a selected item from the K2 Object Browser.
When using the K2 Designer for Visio, the user encounters an error where they are unable to open and select an item from the object browser to drag it into the Visio canvas. The steps below describe when the error surfaces:
The following steps illustrate one example where the error from a new or an existing Visio Document may occur, with at least one item on the canvas:
- Enable K2 Integration
- Select the shape and using Properties Context Menu click "Bind to Workflow"
- Click next
- Select "New Workflow Activity", click Next
- Select "Default Activity", click Next
- Select "Default Client Event", click Finish
- Once Default Client Event Wizard is opened, click Next
- Enable "Web Page" checkbox
- Open K2 Object Browser by clicking on the right border (see screenshot "Open K2 Object Browser")
- Try to drag any object from K2 Object Browser
In the image below, from K2 Designer for Visual Studio the Environment Selection drop down is visable as a separate menu with related options. [Figure 1. Open K2 Object Browser]
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx