This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
In K2 Workspace, a ‘SqlDateTime overflow’ error occurs when trying to run a report on a ‘Workflow Reporting SmartObject’ process list method containing an empty DateTime data field. This occurs when the Initial value 'Is Empty Date' checkbox was checked when the process data field was created in K2 Designer for Visual Studio.
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. The steps are simplified and not all steps will be shown or described.|
- Create a process with one DateTime process data field.
- Check the Initial Value checkbox 'Is Empty Date' before saving.
- Select the SmartObject Association on the process.
- Check the 'Create Workflow Reporting SmartObjects' checkbox, and deploy the process.
- Start a process instance (do not change the empty data field value)
- Open K2 Workspace > Reports
- When creating the report on the ‘Data Source’ screen, select the Primary Data Source > Workflow Reports > Workflow Solutions > Process > Process Process Instances SmartObject
- Click next and add the desired properties as columns
- Save the project.
- When generating the report the "SqlDateTime overflow" error will display
The following error message relates to this issue:
- SqlDateTime overflow. Must be between 1/1/1753 12:00:00 AM and 12/31/9999 11:59:59 PM.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.