This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When enabling the Send Mail Notification option in a K2 Designer for Visual Studio Client Event, the user can still open a K2 Worklist item even though all the slots have been allocated for the specific process instance.
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. The steps below are simplified and not all the steps will be shown or described.|
- Create a K2 Process with a Default Client Event and enable the Send Mail Notification option.
- Use a Role as the destination user with multiple users in the Role.
- Select the following:
- Plan per destination
- 1 slot to be created
- Resolve all roles and groups to users
- Start an instance of the process
- Open a K2 Worklist item of one of the users of the Role
- The rest of the users within the Role will not be able to see their K2 Worklist items as the slot has been allocated to the 1st user
- Open the Outlook Mail Notification of another user of the Role, and click on the K2 Worklist link
- The page loads, but no actions are available on the page
The following error messages relate to this issue:
- No Error Message : The Outlook Mail Notification opens the K2 Client Event page, but no actions are available on the page
A K2 warning message has been added when opening the K2 Client Event through the Outlook Mail Notification to inform the user that the instance has been allocated. The message states 'All Worklist items Allocated for "user"'
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx