This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When using Multidomains in the same forest, occasionally the incorrect domain prefix is returned when searching for users in K2 Workspace.
"LDAP://DC=MJ,DC=CORP,DC=COM" and "LDAP://DC=MJDOMAIN,DC=CORP,DC=COM"
When a search is performed for users from Domain: MJ, the users will be returned as if they are from the "MJDOMAIN" domain.
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. They are simplified and not all steps are shown or described.|
- Select an existing Domain from the Management Console in K2 Workspace
- Add a child domain in association with the Main domain
- Restart the K2 Server
- Search for a particular user
- Note that the Search for the user from the new domain results in an incorrect domain prefix for the user.
The following error messages relate to this issue:
- No Error messages are displayed. The incorrect domain prefix is displayed.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx