This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
There is a known issue related to the K2 blackpearl 0807 update KB000350 and KB000370 that when the OpenWorklistItem method is invoked, the WorklistItem’s AllocatedUser property has a null value.
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. They are simplified and not all steps are shown or described.|
- Create a K2 Process with one Client Event activity and assign a destination
- Deploy the newly created process and start a new instance
- Open the K2 Worklist for the destination user specified in step 1 and note the serial number for the work item
- Now create a simple C# command-line application and reference the SourceCode.Workflow.Client.dll
- Write code to connect to your K2 Workflow Server
- Write code to open the specific item noted in step 3 with the OpenWorklistItem that takes the serial number as a parameter
- Write code that prints the AllocatedUser property to the command-line
- Write code to close the opened connection
- Run the application and note that the allocated user is not showing
No Error messages are displayed.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx