This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When using the SmartObject Event Wizard to replicate datafields and one of the SmartObject properties is of Date/Time type, a "Specified cast is not valid" error will occur if this source SmartObject property is left empty.
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. The steps below are simplified and not all the steps will be shown or described.|
- Create a list in SharePoint with a Date column
- Click on the Actions menu in SharePoint
- Click K2 Site Settings> SmartObject Integration
- Select the Sharepoint list and click create
- Add a record to the list, leaving the Date property empty
- Create an InfoPath form to load the record
- Load the record
- An error occurs
Specified cast is not valid