This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
Executing a list method on a SmartObject that is mapped to a SharePoint ServiceObject with a Date/Time property and the record’s Date/Time property is empty, a "Specified cast is not valid" error will occur.
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. They are simplified and not all steps are shown or described.|
- Create a list in SharePoint with a Date column
- Click on the Actions menu in SharePoint
- Click K2 Site Settings > SmartObject Integration
- Select the SharePoint list and click create
- Add a record to the list, leaving the Date property empty
- Create an InfoPath form to load the record
- Load the record
- An error occurs
The following error message is applicable to this KB Article:
- Specified cast is not valid
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx