This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
The error message detailed below occurs in conjunction with the SharePoint Process Integration Wizard at run time. The individual checks a page back in from a SharePoint document library either an Item Checkin or an Item Update action (This error may persist for other event actions). As soon as the action is attempted, the process goes into error.
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: This only happens when the SharePoint Events process is associated with a "System library" in SharePoint. Also note that if you reference "EventDetails" (the XML field itself) the problem does not occur. The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. They are simplified and not all steps are shown or described.|
- Create a SharePoint Events process.
- Select "Events for List and Library Items" in the Action screen in the wizard.
- In the Connection Settings screen select a system library for the "SharePoint List". For example, the "Pages" system document library.
- In the "Events Selection" screen select 'Item Checked-In'.
- Finish the SharePoint Events process wizard and add a Mail Event to the process attached by a line coming off the Start activity.
- In the Mail Event Message Body screen, add a reference the to "EventDetails_ListItemTitle" xml field (format can be Plain Text or HTML).
- Complete the Mail Event wizard and deploy the process.
- In SharePoint navigate to the "Pages" document library and checkout one of the pages, for example the "Default" page.
- Check in the page and the process goes into and error state.
The following error messages are applicable to this KB Article:
- "The ':' character, hexadecimal value 0x3A, cannot be included in a name. Line 1, position 1487."
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx