This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When the Administrator, or user with the appropriate rights attempts to release a worklist item when the destination was a user group using the SourceCode.Workflow.Management.WorkflowManagementServer.ReleaseWorklistItem, an exception occurs stating that the worklist item is not found.
A task is assigned to a user group, and when the task is allocated to a member of the group no other group member is able to open or action the task, as is expected. However, when an attempt is made to release the allocated task via the SourceCode.Workflow.Management.WorkflowManagementServer.ReleaseWorklistItem
the API throws an exception stating that the worklist item cannot be found.[Figure 1 - API reports worklist item not found]
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. They are simplified and not all steps are shown or described.|
- Create a process with a client event and a user group as the destination
- Start an instance of the process
- From the worklist of one of the group members open the task (i.e. this allocates the task to the user)
- Proceed to the Management Console (Appropriate rights to administer the user's worklist will be required to perform the next step)
- Login and view the user's tasklist. The status of the allocated worklist item is set to open
- Select the item and attempt to release it
- From the K2 Worklist no exception is displayed and the Release functionality does not function as expected
- For the API exception, see figure 1 above
- The item does not release as expected, and stays open
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx