This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When using InfoPath Workflow Integration and Forms Services it will not open the InfoPath client events if the user opening them does not have at least contributor rights.
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. The steps are simplified and not all steps will be shown or described.|
- Create a new InfoPath Integrated Workflow that uses Forms Services.
- Add an InfoPath client event with a destination user with only read rights on the SharePoint site.
- Start a new instance of the workflow.
- Open the InfoPath client event with the limited user and you should receive an error.
The following error message relates to this issue:
- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
The corresponding Hotfix to resolve this iThis Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx