This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
On the SharePoint home page the K2 Worklist web part does not load when the K2 database server is offline. This occurs when the K2 Worklist web part does not “timeout” when it can’t reach the K2 database. This makes the SharePoint sites unusable when there is an issue with the K2 databases, making the K2 databases critical for usability of SharePoint as a whole.
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. The steps are simplified and not all steps will be shown or described.|
- Stop the K2ServerLog database
- Open an Internet Explorer browser
- Navigate to the SharePoint home page where your K2 Worklist web part is active
- The SharePoint page will not display and an error will occur
The following error message relates to this issue:
- Unable to connect to localhost on port 5252. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx