This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When using IPC processes and sending and/or receiving information between processes, errors may occur intermittently due to data not being sent through from the child process back to the parent process. Various memory, performance and threading enhancements have been made to the K2 Server, IPC Event and Escalations, which include:
- Memory enhancements made to the K2 Server to ensure that only relevant data is stored in the ProcessInstance state
- Performance and threading enhancements made to the IPC Event that would improve memory consumption
- Performance and memory enhancements made to Escalations
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. The steps below are simplified and not all the steps will be shown or described.|
- Create a process with an IPC Event
- Select the "Send data to child process and receive data back upon completion" Data Direction option
- Start a process instance and action the activity which will initiate the IPC Event
- Note that under certain circumstances - such as high load/high memory usage, data is not returned from the child process to the parent process after completion of the child process
The following error messages relate to this issue:
- Invalid archive type
- Attempted to read or write protected memory
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx