This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
There is a known issue related to the K2 blackpearl 0807 update KB000370 that when the "Active Directory Service 2" is invoked with 1500 or more process instances it will throw an “Out Of Memory” error.
This article will describe how to resolve the issue.
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. The steps are simplified and not all steps will be shown or described.|
- After installing K2 blackpearl 0807 update KB000370, open K2 for Visual Studio.
- Create a SmartObject utilizing the Active Directory Service 2’s AD User ServiceObject.
- Deploy the SmartObject.
- Create a Process utilizing the newly created SmartObject to execute the “GetUserDetails" SmartObject method.
- Deploy the project.
- Start approximately 2000 instances of the process. This will result in an error at around 1500 instances when the "Virtual Memory Size" has exceeded its limits.
The following error message relates to this issue:
- “Exception of type ‘SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException’ was thrown.”
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx