This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
Excessive SQL Server memory usage may occur when executing high volumes of list methods on K2 blackpearl SmartObjects. A ’SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException’ error may also occur, requiring a re-boot of the server.
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which this error may occur. They are simplified and not all steps are shown or described.|
- Create and deploy a K2 SmartObject
- Add six properties to the SmartObject
- Add data for each of the six properties (about 100 records)
- Execute a list method on the SmartObject for approximately 1000 times
- The SQL Server memory will consistently climb with each execution request. The more you execute, the higher the memory will climb
The following error messages relate to this issue:
- Failed to map the path '/pages/Exception of type ’SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException’ was thrown
- No message, but high memory and increasing memory usage by the SQL Server.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx