This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
This hotfix includes specific issues involving the workflow server execution regarding error repairing, retry, goto, workflow server cluster communication and deadlocks, as indicated by the following list:
- Error repairing, retry and goto:
- Error repair or goto activities cause start rules to become out of sync with the process causing the Async table to be locked for any other processing.
- After doing error repairing in an activity that contains a server item, an object reference error will be thrown when trying to open the server item.
- When retrying an error process using an older version of the process, the process completes but does not execute the event or perform the rest of the process. In reporting, the process shows as complete, the activity shows as active, and the event still shows as an error.
- Occasionally, when using error repair or retry, the order in which items (Activities, Events, Lines, etc) were executed was incorrect.
- Cluster issues:
- In some cases a new process version was deployed to just one server in a clustered environment. Other servers continued to use the previous version, causing the other servers in the cluster to start the older version of the process.
- Starting numerous instances of a process simultaneously results in deadlock victims and the process instances shows it is in running state when it is actually active on a client event.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx