This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
An object reference error occurs in both the K2 Management Console and SmartObject Service when a user tries to open a sub site from the site collection area.
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which these errors may occur. These steps are simplified and not all steps are shown or described.|
- Activate the K2 Features on the Site Collection that has a News Site
- Open the News Site
- Click on Site Actions and select K2 Site Settings
- Click on the SmartObject Service Management Link
- An Object reference error will be displayed
The following error message applies to this article:
- Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpoint 0902 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpoint 0902 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: http://portal.k2.com/downloads/k2blackpoint/Default.aspx