This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When a K2 project is deployed using the deployment package, references included in the project are not referenced correctly or not copied in with the deployed package.
A number of DLLs (Web assemblies) are added as project references (with copy local selected) in the K2 project. When the project is deployed they do not appear in the deployment folder when a deployment package is created. As a result the references are not copied to the server during the deploy and are then not available for the process referencing them.
Error Scenario Steps
|Note: The steps below describe one scenario under which these errors may occur. These steps are simplified and not all steps are shown or described.|
- Open K2 Studio
- Create a new project and a new blank process
- Click references and add a new web service reference
- Add a reference event to the process
- Configure the reference event to call the web service constuctor and a web service method. (map input and output parameters per normal)
- Save your project/process
- Close K2 Studio
Once the steps above have been followed, complete the steps below:
- Open K2 Studio
- Open your project
- Run through the reference event wizard again
- Observe "One or more types for assembly 'Service' cannot be resolved" error
The following error message applies to this article:
- One or more types for assembly 'Service' cannot be resolved
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: https://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx