This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
The unexpected outcome occurs at run time when the value of a data field, which contains special characters changes between when the process instance is active and when the process instance is completed. Before the process instance completes the value in the data or XML field are correct, but once the process instance is completed and a report is viewed the final value changes to ?????.
The following steps can be used to reproduce the error. The error was found while working with process instances for a non English language where special character support was required. The error may occurr for any system, however where there are special characters in use for example Chinese, Hungarian, etc.
|Note: This patch would apply only to special characters for languages that are supported by K2 blackpoint.|
- Start a new WFI (Workflow Integration) integration process in K2 Studio
- Add a Data field and set its initial vallue to aeoouu
- Create a XML field and set one of its nodes vales to aeoouu
- Add a data event to change both these vaues to áéöóüú
- Add a WFI client event.
- Start the process
- Open the process instances report to view the data, you will notice the values are displayed correctly
- Complete the client event
- Open the process instances report to view the data again, the values are now ?????
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpoint 0902 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpoint 0902 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: http://portal.k2.com/downloads/k2blackpoint/Default.aspx