This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
After installing the K2 blackpearl 0807 Update KB000525, SmartObjects cannot be used to define destination rules for groups or roles when reading them from the database (SmartBox). The data gets returned correctly, but during runtime an ‘Object must implement IConvertible’ error is displayed in K2 Workspace.
|Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may, or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances.|
- Create a SmartObject with the following properties:
- ID [Autonumber]
- DestUser [Text]
- Create two ‘Destination Users’ in the SmartObject:
- Create a process that contains a Client event.
- Add either the SmartObject Load or GetList method’s ‘DestUser’ as a destination user.
- Deploy and run the process instance.
- The “Object must implement IConvertible” error will be displayed.
The following error message relates to this KB article: ‘Object must implement IConvertible’.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: http://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx