This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
Using Double Byte characters such as Chinese characters in a K2 activity results in these characters being displayed incorrectly in various places throughout the K2 blackpearl product. Areas affected include the management worklist item in K2 Management Console and certain K2 out of the box reports. These characters display incorrectly with characters like '????'.
|Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may, or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances.|
- Create a new K2 process in the K2 Designer for Visual Studio with a Client Event.
- Type 经理批准 for the process name, folder name, activity name, event name and instance name.
- Deploy the process.
- Start an instance of the deployed process.
- Open the K2 Workspace > Management Console > Workflow Server > Worklist.
- Notice how certain fields display as “????” for the process instance instead of displaying as 经理批准.
Below is an example of the issue seen in the management worklist under Activity Name and Folio:
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: http://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx