This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When using K2 blackpearl 0807 Update KB000450, the user will not be able to edit the notification in K2 Workspace when the process name, activity name or event name contains French special characters.
An “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” error message will be displayed. Also, when using French special characters such as é,à,ù,è in the body of a notification email will result in “????” displaying when the email is received.
|Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may, or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances.|
- Create a process with French special characters for the process name, activity name or event name.
- Create a Client Event and check the “Send a standard or customized notification to the destination users.” check box in the wizard.
- Deploy the process.
- Open K2 Workspace > Notification Events > Notification Event Designer.
- Select the folder Workflow Notifications >Runtime events in the left tree.
- Right-click on the process name and then click on the Edit button.
- After clicking on the Edit button an “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” error will be displayed.
The following error message relates to this KB article:
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: http:// portal.k2.com /downloads/bp/default.aspx