This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When several synchronous Child IPC processes are called by a parent workflow, these processes complete successfully without any errors and with a ‘Completed’ status. However, the activities in the parent process do not complete and remain on an ‘Active’ status.
|Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may, or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances.|
- Create a process with a couple of synchronous IPC events
- Create multiple lines so that all the IPC events are active at the same time
- Add events after the IPC events to slow down execution within the parent process
- Add at least one Client event in the child processes
- Deploy and start multiple instances of the parent process
- Action all the worklist items created by the child processes
- Some parent processes will not finish although all of the child processes are complete
No error message but the problem is evident from inconsistencies within the state of the parent process.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: http://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/Default.aspx