This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When using a SmartObject to upload a document to a SharePoint library that has versioning turned on, multiple versions of the same document are created. There should only be one version when uploading a document and one version for each metadata update.
|Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may, or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances.|
- Create a SharePoint library
- Turn the document versioning on under the library Settings (Settings > Versioning Settings > Document Version History > Create major and minor (draft) versions)
- Create a SmartObject from the Document library using the K2 Site Settings page > SmartObject Service Management > Document Libraries
- Execute the create or update methods
- When the metadata is set, multiple versions are created, there should only be one when uploading and one for each metadata update
No error message is displayed, however, multiple document versions can be seen in SharePoint when using a SmartObject to add a document to the document library.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: http://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/Default.aspx