This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When starting a workflow process with K2 Web Designer the status reflects as In Progress in the Document Library, but when a user views his worklist, the task is not available i.e. no item was created.
When permissions are assigned and the "Limited Access" permission is used, this results in an error during runtime stating : “Object Reference not set to an instance of an object”.
|Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may, or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances.|
- Using a system which has a non-English operating system installed, create a K2 Web Designer process with a Client Approval step
- Start the workflow
- The task is not created for the user
- Use a MOSS installation on a non-English operating system.
- Create a new K2 Project
- Create a new K2 Process
- Use a User Management event to assign permissions to any scope in MOSS
- On the "Permissions" page, the "Limited Access" permission will be available and can be selected
Issue 1 – No error message, however worklist item does not appear in user’s worklist
Issue 2 – During runtime, an “Object Reference not set to an instance of an object” error is raised as this permission may not be used explicitly.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error. The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: http:// portal.k2.com /downloads/bp/default.aspx