This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
Starting a K2 process designed in the K2 Web Designer on a non-English operating system, for example a Japanese environment results in the instance not appearing on the user’s worklist. In SharePoint the library item displays as “In Progress” and then immediately “Completed”.
|Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may, or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances.|
On a non-English operating system perform the following steps:
- Open SharePoint Central Administration and ensure that all the K2 Features are activated
- Open SharePoint and create a new site or use an existing portal
- Create a document library for the new site or on the existing portal
- Open K2 Web Designer from the document library
- Build a K2 Web Designer process with Approve Decline and Close Outcomes on each with a No Outcome to finish the workflow
- Make sure 2 or more users are used on each activity
- Set the start option to Start Manually
- Deploy the process
- Open Workspace and go to Management Console
- Expand to the process and assign start rights to specific users on process deployed
- Go to the document library created and upload a document
- Sign in on SharePoint as the user with start rights
- Click on the dropdown on the document just uploaded and select workflows
- Click on workflow just deployed and click on Start
- Workflow status in document library displays as "In Progress" and then immediately changes to “Completed” and no tasks are created for destination users specified on first activity
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: http://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx