This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When an escalation redirects a worklist item from a user’s worklist, the worklist item is removed but other non-related worklist items may have been removed from the worklist as well. This occurs when unrelated process instances have a similar structure and are present on a user’s worklist at the same time. Since they are similar, they are removed with the redirect escalation.
|Important: Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances|
- Using K2 Designer for Visual Studio, create a process with at least one Client Event
- The Client Event requires a Redirect Escalation and use a data field to configure the Minutes value for the escalation
- Deploy the process
- Instantiate more than one process instance
- First process instance to redirect after one minute
- Second or Third process to redirect at 5, 10 minutes respectively
- View the process instances from K2 Workspace
- Wait for the first process instance's escalation to fire
- Refresh the worklist and the similar worklist items would have been removed
No specific error messages are generated.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.
The latest K2 blackpearl 0807 Update is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: http://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/Default.aspx