The K2 blackpearl web part task list does not allow a user to open multiple tasks. When a user opens a second task, the form opens in the window already opened for the first task. In K2 .net 2003, it would open in a new window.
To change this functionality, the following workaround can be used to open each worklist item in the K2 blackpearl web part in a separate browser window.
|Important: Backup the TableFactory.js files before making modifications to them.|
- Locate the TableFactory.js file in the following two locations:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\K2\TaskList\JS
- C:\Program Files\K2 blackpearl\WorkSpace\Site\TaskListControl\Script
- Right-click on the TableFactory.js files and click on Edit.
- Add the following code under the “Open the worklist item” comment in the "PerformAction" function.
- After the modification, the code should look like the code section highlighted in the screen capture below:
- Once completed, clear the browser’s cache
How to clear the browser cache in Internet Explorer 8:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE8)
- Click on Tools, Internet Options
- On the General tab, under the Browsing history section, click Delete
- On the Delete Browsing History screen, click on Delete again.
|Note: These steps need to be performed on all browsers that have previously viewed the worklist.|