When installing the K2.net 2003 Client tools on your machine with Windows Vista RTM or later version, you may run into an error caused by the K2.net 2003 installer. This is due to the installer package not being able to resolve the environment variable %SystemDrive% and will prevent you from completing the installation.
A registry key needs to be modified. It is strongly recommended to back up the registry before making any changes.
Perform the following steps:
- Type "regedit" in the Run command (Windows Key+R) on the Start Menu dialog box to open the "Registry Editor".
- Find the following registry key:
- If you have a 32-bit operating system:
If you have a 64-bit operating system:
- Change the value of this registry key from "%SystemDrive%\inetpub\wwwroot" or "\inetpub\wwwroot\" to "C:\inetpub\wwwroot". If your default website in IIS is stored in a different location, set the value of this registry key to that path.
- The original value can be restored after the installation if required.
- To prevent studio from crashing when opening, the following steps must be taken