When an Active Directory (AD) Group is selected as the destination user in a process and an existing AD Group with a similar name exists, users from the AD group with the similar name will receive items in their worklist and the original group members will not receive any items.
|Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may, or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances.|
To reproduce this error:
- Create three Active Directory Groups, for example:
|Important: You must follow the specified sequence of creating the Groups|
- In K2 Workspace, add any of the AD Groups created for Step1 to a K2 Role
- Create a process containing the K2 Role created in Step2 in the Destination User Set.
- Start a new instance of the process created in Step3,
- Observe that K2 Worklist items are assigned to the incorrect AD Group users which are not part of the Destination User Set.Repeat this step for each AD Group created in Step1.
- Repeat this step for each AD Group created in Step 1.
No error message is displayed. K2 Worklist items are assigned to the incorrect destination users.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.