When a worklist item with a status of "Open" is redirected to another user, the redirected user does not receive the e-mail notification from the K2 Server.
If the worklist item status is ‘Available’, then the redirected user gets the notification e-mail. If the status is "Open", the redirected user does not get the notification e-mail and so cannot access their worklist items through the link on the e-mail, as it was never sent. The item, however, will appear on the redirected user’s worklist.
|Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may, or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances.|
To reproduce this error:
- Create a process with Client Events and select to send notification email to destination users.
- Start an instance of the process.
- Check that destination users received the a notification email.
- Login as destination user and open the worklist item.
- The worklist item status will now be “Open”.
- Redirect this worklist item to another user.
- The redirected user will not receive the notification email; he will still receive the worklist item.
- Check the redirected user’s worklist to action the item.
No error message is displayed.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.