This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
KB001139 is a list of high priority issues for K2 blackpearl 4.5 and K2 blackpoint 4.5 that have now been resolved.
Issues resolved for K2 Reporting:
- Custom reports published to SSRS show an “Object reference” error if a field in the fields collection is not in one of the columns of the returned results.
- Process Overview report – When group permissions are used, existing Process Instances do not show on the report after upgrading to K2 4.5.
Issues resolved for K2 Wizards:
- Event Wizards - SharePoint Records Management: The advanced mode of the wizard is only retained when more than one item is added to the wizard.
- Deploy Project wizard – the wizard I-buttons did not function in Visual Studio.
- Event Wizards - SharePoint User Management: Deadlocks occur with 200 000+ Processes, resulting in a user being unable to open their worklist.
- Process Wizards - InfoPath Integration: Changing views from the Process Helper may cause various intermittent issues.
- Event Wizards - SharePoint Lists and Libraries: A user was unable to create a list based on the "Issue Tracking" list template.
Issues resolved for the K2 Server:
- AvailabilityServer.ZoneCalculateEvent() - Time zones take special dates into consideration when calculating the next available slot. Exception dates, however, were ignored.
- Framework: Local Copy References – the Reference Event does not retain its settings when opened in Process Management.
- K2 Server - General: Migration - Backwards compatibility is broken with connection strings for SQLUM when migrating a worklist item from K2.net 2003 and opening a worklist item.
- Database deadlocks may occur when using the Async thread, Cluster messages or DestQueue retrieval.
- An Invalid archive type error may occur when executing a SmartBox SmartObject GetList method when there are no records in the corresponding table or there are records but no matching records returned from the search input.
Issues resolved for the K2 Designer for SharePoint:
- Various page alignment issues on the Process Portal page.
- SharePoint Central Admin - K2 for SharePoint: The "SharePoint Group Provider Label" drop-down should only be disabled if the "Add group provider for site collection" is not checked.
- Lists – Create List: Memory usage is excessive when selecting different types of lists while open – the used memory is not disposed, which causes navigation errors when memory usage becomes too high.
- K2 Designer for SharePoint - Wizards General - User Task: The task group rule is case sensitive.
Issues resolved for the Management Console:
- Unable to add a user with an apostrophe in their name to the Management Console.
Issues resolved for the K2 Worklist:
- Worklist - General: Unable to access a user’s managed tasklist when their username contains an apostrophe.
- When redirecting or releasing an item on the 'Management Worklist' after a "Quick Search" has been done, using the ‘All column’ results in an "Input string not in correct format" error.
General issues resolved:
- Deadlocks occur when 200 000+ Processes are running resulting in a user being unable to open their worklist.
- AD Groups with similar names may return erroneous results.
- When a goto activity is performed, the activity expires and presents a NULL value in the Actinstdest, this will show within a report.
- When returning large number of records in a SmartObject Service using the ServiceSDK BindPropertiesToTable method, performance degrades significantly as the number of records increase.
- Various Topics have been updated within the K2 Documentation
Issues resolved for the SmartObject Designer:
- An error occurs when attempting to deploy a SmartObject with no properties when the design canvas is blank.
Issues resolved for SharePoint 2010 for future product support:
- Process Portals - Process Management: Process Rights - The user type (user/group) is not displayed.
- Process Wizards - InfoPath Integration: An error occurs when trying to design an InfoPath 2010 Template.
- Process Wizards - InfoPath Integration: The InfoPath form XML opens in Visual Studio instead of as a form in the web browser.
- Event Wizards - SharePoint Sites and Workspaces: SharePoint Browser – a user cannot upload a Custom Site Template, an “Unable to process request. List does not exist." error occurs.
- K2 Site Settings - SmartObject Management: Unable to execute the Get List method of a SmartObject created from a Task list template.
- K2 Designer for SharePoint – Wizards: InfoPath forms do not open in the web browser.
- K2 Designer for SharePoint – Documents: A user is unable to create a process on the Site Pages library, an error occurs stating that there is no Title column.
- Visual Studio 2010 – Reconfigured the ‘Generated’ pages to cater for Web Deployment projects in Visual Studio 2010.
- K2 Server - General: Migration - Backwards compatibility broken with connection strings for SQLUM when migrating a worklist item from K2.net 2003 and opening that worklist item.
- K2 Studio - Process Helper: The process helper does not return the correct lists and libraries for a process designed using the "Events" template.
Install the latest K2 4.5 update to resolve the issues listed above.