"Error Receiving Buffer” errors occur within K2 Workspace Management Console in two different locations. The first error occurs when loading more than the maximum allowed number of process instances on the Process Instance management page in K2 Workspace->Management Console. The maximum display limit is 999 per page.
The other error occurs when attempting to load the K2 Workspace Management Worklist from Management Console when the server is under a severe load. For example, this may occur when processing 100 process instances, each containing a Destination User Set of at least 1000 users. Due to the severity of the load, the K2 Worklist does not display and the “Error Receiving Buffer” error occurs.
|Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may, or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances.|
To reproduce this error:
- Create 10 processes, each consisting of 10 process versions.
- Start 20 process instances of every process version
- This should give you 2000 process instances
- Open the Managed Process Instances Page where the error will be displayed.
- Deploy a process containing an Activity with Destination Rule: Plan Just Once.
- Create a Slot per Destination, Resolve all Roles and Groups to users: AD Group containing at least a 1000 users.
- Start a 100 Process Instances.
- Attempt to open Workspace Management Console Worklists, and notice that an “Error Receiving Buffer” error occurs after approximately 13 minutes.
Error: Could not load the grid: Failed to return Worklist Data Table: Error Receiving Buffer
Error: Could not load the grid: Failed to return Process Instance Data Table: Error Receiving Buffer
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.