When associating a SharePoint Workflow with a SharePoint Content Type, and selecting to add a SharePoint Field to the Start or Action page, the list of fields will either be empty or an error will occur which will ultimately cause the designer to close. These symptoms may occur in K2 Studio or the K2 Designer for Visual Studio.
In certain circumstances, the different designers have shown different symptoms:
- K2 Studio will occasionally show an empty list, and clicking 'Select All' will then cause an error and K2 Studio will close.
- The K2 Designer for Visual Studio will close immediately after showing an error message when selecting the SharePoint Field option.
|Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may, or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances.|
To reproduce this error:
- Configure the SharePoint Workflow Integration Wizard.
- On the Actions page associate the Workflow with a SharePoint Content Type.
- Configure the default document Content Type as shown in Image 1.
- On the start page add a SharePoint Field.
- This may cause the designer to close unexpectedly.
Server was unable to process request -> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.