The Person and Group Control (People Picker) is a new feature of Microsoft InfoPath 2010. When the People Picker control is used on a form, and the form is subsequently used in a K2 Process, the K2 Object Browser will only show the XML elements relating to the People Picker Control under the XML Field.
This occurrs because the People Picker control on the InfoPath form adds a second XML schema to the form, which is incorrectly identified as the main data source.
|Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may, or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances.|
To reproduce this error:
- Create an InfoPath form to use as a form template, add Controls to the form (Text Box, Option Button).
- Create an InfoPath Integration K2 Process.
- In the Context Browser the template XML fields are still displayed.
- Design the template again and add a Person and Group control.
- Open the Context Browser, now only the Person and Group XML fields are displayed, the other fields still exist in the template but are no longer accessible through the Object Browser.
- Open the Schema and notice how it has changed.
Error occurred during XML Mapping: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.