This article contains a workaround for a known issue with the K2 blackpoint Installer for version K2 blackpoint 4.5 with KB Update 1230 and only applies to users if the Trial License option does not appear.
When installing K2 blackpoint 4.5 with KB Update 1230 and the license configuration panel is reached, the user will be unable to select the Trial License option as it is no longer available on the user page.
|Note: The content in this article only applies to K2 blackpoint installations when the Trial License option does not appear.|
The above issue can be resolved by replacing one file (Product.config) in the folder where the K2 setup was run from i.e. the same folder where the Setup.exe file is located. After the installation has completed, the same file needs to be updated in the following directory [INSTALLDIR]\K2 blackpoint\Setup.
Note: Before copying the file across, ensure that the K2 Installation Application is completely closed and that no residual components or services associated with the K2 Installation are running. Unless the application is completely closed, this may result in the file replacement having no visible affect.
Follow the steps below to update the file:
1. Download a copy of the Product.config file available in the download section on the right hand side
2. Copy the file into the directory and replace the existing copy of the file. Ensure that when this is done that the existing file is overwritten
3. Rerun the K2 blackpoint Installation
4. When the K2 blackpoint License Configuration panel is reached select the Trial License option
5. After the K2 blackpoint installation has completed, copy the Product.config to the following directory “[INSTALLDIR]\K2 blackpoint\Setup”
If the workaround described above does not resolve the issue, then perform the following:
1. Ensure that the K2 blackpoint Installation Application is completely closed
2. Retry the operation to overwrite the file
3. If the issue is not resolved, contact your regional K2 Support centre