When renaming or deleting a Data Field that is used in a process after an instance has been started, an error will occur when trying to use the Custom Reporting SmartObjects in the Custom Report Builder in K2 Workspace.
- Create a process with a Data Field.
- Deploy the process.
- Start an instance of the process.
- Rename or delete the Data Field.
- Re-deploy the process.
- Test the Reporting SmartObject by designing a Custom Report from K2 Workspace that includes the Reporting SmartObjects.
An example of the error displayed is:
[Column ‘DATA FIELD_String_ProcDataField’ does not belong to table Rpt_K2WorkflowProject1_PROCESS NAME]
One of the following methods can be applied in order to resolve this issue:
- In Process Designer rename the Data Field to the original value if renamed and DEPLOY the process.
- Or recreate the Data Field in the Process Designer if it was deleted and DEPLOY the process.
- Alternatively you will be able to access the values of those Data Fields in the Out of the Box Reports by browsing Process Overview -> Process Instances -> Activity Instances -> Process Instance Data