When using K2 Deigner for Studio and the user attempts to drag or add a Byte field into the expression builder, validation fails. This was due to the expression builder not allowing the user to complete the expression when an expression containing binary fields was being created.
The following scenario is an example which can be used to replicate the error, and is a set of circumstances under which the error has been known to occur:
||Not all steps are included.
- Create a process with 3 binary fields (BinA, BinB, BinC)
- Add a Data Event to the process that transfers data INTO (Destination) BinC
- Configure the source field with the following: when yes then <> otherwise <> (where <> is a dragged-in data field)
- Deploy and run the process. Ensure that BinC contains the data in BinA
- Change the expression to: when no then <> otherwise <>
- Deploy and run the process. Ensure that BinC contains the data in BinB.
image 1 - Expression Builder user validation error
A user validation error is thrown.
The resolution for this error is contained with the latest update.