When using a Boolean type of Metadata for a SharePoint List or Library in a K2 process an error is displayed.
|Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may, or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances.|
To reproduce this error:
- Create a SharePoint List with a column of type: 'Yes/No: Boolean'.
- Create a SharePoint Integrated K2 process.
- Add a SharePoint List Items event > Get List Items.
- Set up the event to point to the list with the 'Yes/No' column.
- Link all the fields to new process level data fields.
- Add a Data Event.
- Assign the 'Yes/No' column XML Field to a String data field.
- Execute the process.
- The message displayed states:"The string 'True' is not a valid Boolean value"
The message displayed states: "The string 'True' is not a valid Boolean value"' or "The string 'False' is not a valid Boolean value" depending on the value in the yes/no field.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.